Contact a Provider Liaison to:
- Acquire your Healthy Start Provider ID Number and prenatal screening forms
- Learn about how Healthy Start benefits you and your patients
- Schedule staff training and learn proper referral process for the Healthy Start
- Receive Healthy Start newsletters, brochures and educational materials on maternal and infant health to share with your patients
Karen Woulf, Provider Liaison, Healthy Start of North Central Florida
P: 352-727-2736 | F: 352-313-6513 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Materials to download:
- Healthy Start Screening Form—Prenatal
- Healthy Start Screening Form—Infant
- Prenatal Screening Manual
- Infant Screening Manual
- Healthy Start Brochure—this color brochure can be printed on an 8.5 x 11 inch sheet
Did you know?
Florida Statute 383.14 requires that all pregnant women be offered the Healthy Start Prenatal Risk Screening at their first prenatal visit and the Healthy Start Infant (Postnatal) Risk Screening be offered to parents or guardians of all infants born in Florida before leaving the delivery facility. Healthy Start risk screens identify risk factors so women and infants may be referred for services that complement and assure continued participation in prenatal and infant health care. Studies of Florida’s Healthy Start screening indicate that:
- The Healthy Start Prenatal Screen is predictive of preterm birth and LBW
- 48% of the women who had an adverse birth had a positive screen
- Women with positive scores are 1.7 times or 70% more likely to experience preterm birth or to have a low birth weight infant
- The Healthy Start Infant (postnatal) screen is predictive of post-neonatal death
- 51% of post-neonatal deaths occur among infants that had a positive screen
- Infants who score 4 or more on the Healthy Start screen are 6 times as likely to die during the post-neonatal period than those who score less than 4.
Source: Data from the Florida Department of Health cited at Healthy Start Coalition of Miami-Dade website https://www.hscmd.org/healthy-start-risk-screening/, April 2017.