The MomCare Program provides outreach
services and prenatal care counseling by
telephone to women who qualify for SOBRA,
also known as pregnancy Medicaid.
How will MomCare help you?
When you find out that you are pregnant,
you may have questions that MomCare can answer:
- What do I need to do?
- Where do I go for prenatal care?
- How do I get the extra help that I need?
- Who do I talk to if I have a problem?
Once you are approved for pregnancy Medicaid,
a Maternity Care Advisor with MomCare will be
assigned to help answer your questions.
How can your Maternity Care Advisor help you?
The Maternity Care Advisor will contact you by phone to:
- Explain your pregnancy Medicaid options.
- Help you find a doctor or midwife for prenatal care.
- Provide WIC nutrition program information and referral.
- Refer you to Healthy Start services such as childbirth education, parenting, and breastfeeding education and support.
- Connect you with other community resources that may be helpful.
- Mail you educational information.
Choosing a Doctor or Midwife
If you have not already chosen your doctor or midwife, your Maternity Care Advisor can give you a list of prenatal care providers close to your home. It is important for you to make this decision soon because early prenatal care helps to reduce problems in pregnancy. We look forward to helping you have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.
Choosing a Medicaid Managed Care Plan
Pregnant women on Medicaid now receive their health care through a Medicaid Managed Care Plan. You will receive a letter from the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) advising you that you must choose a plan by a specific date. If you do not choose a plan by that date, you will be automatically enrolled in a plan. Check with your doctor or midwife to see which plan their office accepts. If you have not yet selected a plan, a Maternity Care Advisor can guide you through the process.
For more information on the MomCare Program, call 1-866-895-8873